The San Agustn was a 74Ðgun ship of the line built at the royal shipyard in Guarnizo (Santander) in 1768 by Francisco Gautier. After fighting during the American War of Independence and in the Battle of Cape St. Vincent (1780), she took part of the Napoleonic wars, where she fought at the Battle of Algeciras in 1801 and the Battle of Trafalgar in 1805. In Trafalgar, under the command of Felipe Jado and Cagigal with 711 men aboard, she was surrounded by several ships of NelsonÕs squadron. They fought for hours, but after the third approach, she was after being dismasted and with 180 dead and 200 wounded, the British offered terms to surrender. The ship was burned on October 29.
This ship pack can also be used to represent the Spanish 74-gun ship-of-the-line class ÒBahama 1780.Ó